If you want to instantly improve your coordination, agility, and strength, no method is better than paralettes training. This is one of the most commonly used gym equipment if you are aiming for quick improvement. On the other hand, not all people have a complete set of p-bars in their house. As a matter of fact, the majority of them haven’t heard of this tool. But if you are already familiar with this too, you are aware of its importance and you are ready to make your own DIY paralettes that you can use for push-ups, L-sits, and similar types of workouts.
In this article we will help you make your DIY paralettes using three different methods. Two of those methods are the least expensive ways to make your own paralettes bar. On the other hand, one method is our recommended method of making DIY paralettes. This is because in the end, you deserve the best paralettes for your strength and coordination training. To know more about these methods, keep on reading.
The Best DIY Paralettes Methods
When it comes to looking for the best paralettes in the market, there are plenty of options to choose from. The methods included in this article will help you come up with DIY paralettes with the great combination of comfort, durability, and affordability. If done properly, your gym equipment will feel and look like one of those high-quality paralettes that you can see in the market. However, we are not saying that it is the best option for you. You can still look for something that fits your preferences better than what we will provide below.
Now it is time to take a look at how you will achieve the paralettes that you have been wanting to have:
1. DIY Paralettes in Hyundai Option
This first method of making DIY paralettes is relatively basic and inexpensive to assemble.
Here are the materials you will need to make one pair of DIY Paralettes:
- 7-8 caps
- 4 T-Joints
- About 11 feet of PVC pipe
- Elbow joints
Setting up your DIY Paralettes
To assemble your paralettes, do these simple steps below:
- Measure your PVC pipe in 7-8 inches. Then after that, do the same with the second handle so that they are of similar length.
- Next, measure your PVC pipe again but this time, in 4-6 inches of pile
- Repeat the same process in number 2 until you achieve 4 supports in the same length.
- For the bracing options, you will need 8 portions of 5-6 inches of pipe.
- If you prefer to use glue, do not just stick them together. You have to carefully prep for several times to make sure that it will stick.
- At the end of the handle, fix the elbow joints. Once you are done with the support portions, attach them on the other side.
- As for the T-joint, place it on the other side of the support area. Attach the bracing pipes
- At last, the end pipes.
- You can also use a hammer to punch these in well. Another possible option is to just heat them on the ground.
When cutting the PVC pipe, you might want to use a reciprocating saw. Aside from the reciprocating saw, you can also make use of a hand saw, or whatever type of saw you are comfortable using. If you happen to have power tools in your home, that will be the best option. They will also make your job faster. Whatever tools or system you use, just make sure you do not lose a finger. Otherwise, you have to delay your making of DIY paralettes.
Once you are finished with the above-mentioned steps, provided that you followed it correctly, you now have a shiny, durable, and cheap pair of paralettes.
If you take a look at the materials that you will need, you will notice that we provided a range of measurements. This is so that you can use different heights for the support portion to make varying sizes of paralettes. If you are familiar with this tool, you most likely know that the lower the paralettes, the harder the exercise is. Furthermore, you will see this when you put extra force and effort on your core and arms. When deciding the size of the palettes, make sure that it fits your level.
2.DIY Wooden Paralettes
Another inexpensive method of making your own paralettes at home is this DIY wooden paralettes method. While the previous method will easily get your job done, it is not the best option and it will not help you make the most pleasing equpment.
Here are the materials you will need in making one pair of wooden paralettes
- Four feet of 1.5” wooden dowel. When buying this at the hardware, make sure that the measurement is correct. This is because some stores are not precise when it comes to measuring materials.
- Drill press
- Cutter (Pipe)
- Four feet 2×6 wooden plank
- 1 5/8″ copper couplings
- 1 5/8 copper T-joints
Setting up your wooden paralettes:
To assemble your gym equipment, follow these steps:
- Using the piper cutter, cut the dowel as well as the sand
- From the end of the bases, drill holes that are around 3 inches. Make sure to carefully measure
- Make 4 pieces of pipe that are 3 inches long
- Place these pipes inside the holes that you made and fix using epoxy
- You need 8 pieces of 1 inch pipe and fix them using epoxy. For these pipes, you should attach on the ends of the T joints.
- Put the t-joints on the pipe that are glued into the bases.
- This will then place your base about five inches off the ground. It is important to determine the starting height that you prefer and then deduct 5″. Slice four pieces of pipe to that length for the adjustment.
- Increase your p bars by putting the poles and combining the bases and bars.
If you will notice, this method is more involved in comparison to the previous method. However, the additional work and cost will result in a really pleasing pair of wooden paralettes. These paralettes will end up durable and able to survive wear and tear. In addition to that, if you follow the above-mentioned steps strictly, you will have gym equipment that is strong enough to handle anything.
3. Amazing Pre-Made Paralettes
Now that we are done with the two inexpensive methods of creating DIY paralettes, let us now move on to the last option.
In case you are the type of person who is not fond of DIY home tools and euipment, or you just want to have the best paralettes that are made from superior quality materials, then we recommend looking for the perfect paralettes for you in the market. There are really great choices that do not demand time, effort, and tools from you.
One of the downsides of choosing to buy pre-made paralettes is that they are expensive. The great thing is that they are generally durable and will last for a long time. Even though they have high prices, the level of quality and service is worth your money.
When looking for the perfect paralettes for you, be extra careful. This is because some stores claim that the equipment is heavy duty, when in fact, it is not. Make sure to buy in reputable stores.
Why People Love Paralettes
The problem with most people is that they think they need plenty of heavy plates and bars in order to improve their strength and coordination. Little did they know, a pair of durable paralettes is enough to build the same strength. In addition to that, you also need control, concentration and balance. Using paralettes alone is not enough to improve your performance.
Aside from that, with few bars , you can simply toss in the closet when you do not feel like using them. A perfect set of paralettes with a good training method is one of the most efffective and time efficient ways to improve your strength and body control.
On the off chance you are new to this kind of training you are getting back at it, you may opt to look for paralettes program. This is important especially if it is your first time trying out the method. You can also watch YouTube tutorials but it can be risky. You need to know the right forms and the right way to gain confidence and control
Paralettes are gym equipment that are perfect for crossfit workouts or any similar workout that aims to improve your control, balance, and strength. Furthermore, it is also a perfect addition to your gym equipment at home. You probably know how important it can be and you are always ready to try this type of equipment, if you have a pair in your house. In this article, we showed you great options in making paralettes. The first two methods are cheap ways to make one while the third one is if you are looking for the best paralettes that you can have. What are your thoughts on these? Comment down below.